Frontline’s 6.5.0 release has a lot going on behind the scenes
In the latest Frontline release, our team is laying the groundwork for capabilities that will roll out through this fall and into the new year.
New UI: The back end of a refreshed, updated UI is established with 6.5 and will be more broadly visible in the upcoming fall release.
Users will initially be able to opt in/out until the end of the year when the old UI will be retired.
PCI Workflow Option: Another component in this release is the framework adding PCI scan automation for and workflow options for PCI scanning users. Users not contracted for PCI-Pro services can initiate and set up their quarterly PCI scans, approve scope, check engagement status, and interface with PCI analysts for disputes, waivers, and document compensating controls for assets. This capability expands on existing PCI-Pro services offering a more self-service option for customers.
Universal Connector: Integrations are always a big part of Frontline updates. Release 6.5 introduces a universal connector. Instead of going to a micro marketplace to download different separate connectors for integration, just download one universal connector from Frontline.
MSP Enhancements: Additional MSP reports have been added with 6.5, including:
- Scanner management reports
- Contract usage versus actual usual reports to determine if clients are exceeding or underutilizing their service
- Subscription tracking reports
- Live IP and agent activity reports
- Summary and exportation reports from the UI
Password Protected Reports: Last but not least, password protection has been added for emailed reports. Generated and emailed reports now have the option of including a password for additional security at the account or report level.
The 6.5 release is laying the foundation for more customer-driven enhancements in the next few releases. A few of the upcoming items: an on-premise option, file integrity monitoring and secure configuration management capabilities. As always, these features are some of the most requested by our valued customers, so we’re working diligently to bring them to life!
About Digital Defense
Our Frontline.Cloud SaaS platform supports Frontline Vulnerability Manager™, Frontline Web Application Scanning™, and Frontline Active Threat Sweep™ that together provide:
- Asset discovery and tracking
- OS and web application risk assessment
- Targeted malware threat assessment
- Machine learning features that leverage threat intelligence
- Agentless & agent-based scanning
- Penetration testing for networks, mobile applications, and web applications
- Compliance management. One of the world’s longest tenured PCI-Approved Scanning Vendors
The Frontline.Cloud platform virtually eliminates false-positives associated with legacy vulnerability management solutions, while also automating the tracking of dynamic and transient assets and prioritizing results based on business criticality.