While Digital Defense has achieved public acclaim for its superior vulnerability scanning, vulnerability management, and best practice consultative services, we are also actively involved in security threat research.
The company’s Vulnerability Research Team (VRT) – comprised of talented, credentialed (Security+, Network+, CISSP) and experienced security analysts and researchers – regularly discovers unknown vulnerabilities and zero-day attacks.
This proactive research translates directly to timely disclosures for our clients, providing an extra measure of peace of mind.
Using our own Frontline Vulnerability Manager in a secure cloud location, analysts continually scour cross-client assessment results, as well as leveraging big data analytics to root out malicious or suspicious activity.
The VRT take its responsibility seriously and holds a philosophy of always contributing to the greater good. In addition to providing timely vulnerability insight to our clients, we also share findings with the vendor community – according to accepted security information exchange principles, such that vendors can address security weaknesses for the good of all. Examples of VRT zero-day discoveries on a number of widely used enterprise software platforms including:
- Zero-Day Alert: Four Vulnerabilities Discovered in Riverbed Technology Performance Monitoring Platform Discovered by Digital Defense, Inc.
- Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager Vulnerabilities
- Zero-Day Alert: Two Vulnerabilities Discovered within Lexmark Markvision Enterprise Application
- Zero-Day Alert: Multiple Vulnerabilities Within the EMC VMAX
- Palo Alto Migration Tool
- Dell SonicWALL GMS
- SOLARWINDS® Storage Manager Server “LoginServlet”
- Lenovo Network Storage Devices
- Dell EqualLogic Storage Solution
- IBM® WebSphere® Application Server
- HP Embedded Web Server