Trouble Viewing PDF Files?
If you are having difficulty downloading or viewing PDF files, below are a few options to assist you:
Verify that you have a current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- To determine the version of Adobe Acrobat, open Adobe from your desktop or start menu, click on help, and then About Acrobat Reader.
- If you have a version of Acrobat Reader less then 7.0, we recommend you download a FREE update to your reader.
- Download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader FREE from the Adobe Reader download page on Adobe’s Web site.
Save PDF to Your Computer/Device
You may save the file to your local computer or device. This can normally be accomplished as follows:
- Right click on the title link.
- Select “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer) or “Save Link As” (Firefox/Mozilla /Netscape) when presented with a menu.
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the file directly after downloading.