Download the Study
The 2016 Study of the Legal Industry’s Information Security Practices was developed by Digital Defense Inc. (DDI), in collaboration with ILTA’s LegalSEC Steering Committee with the intention of providing legal industry professionals with unbiased, relevant information regarding security assessment practices of legal organizations.
This study aims to answer persistent and difficult questions such as:
- Is my organization in step with what my peers and others are doing with respect to the use of technology and services to thwart various information security threats?
- Is my organization adequately staffed and trained to ensure the optimal level of security to defend against a potential security breach?
This report offers a valuable perspective that will assist your organization in making positive and informed security decisions in the future that serve to improve your overall corporate security posture.
Key findings of the complementary report:
- Careless Employees ranked as the highest information security threat to organizations, with over 60%.
- 65% of organizations surveyed have no staff devoted to Information Security, and an additional 33% have 1-5 staff allocated to this function.
- 66% of participants do not currently re-evaluate existing vendors’ security controls. This is an alarming statistic given the risk introduced by the lack of due diligence.
- Participants were asked how they stay abreast of current threat intelligence information. 71% follow the LegalSEC news group. Over one third of participants follow SANS Internet Storm Center and US-CERT.